The personal running blog for Weeble.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I missed hockey again

I used to play floor hockey at the local YMCA every Thursday evening, but I had to miss it tonight because of a rollout for work. I missed the last two as well, because I was feeling too tired from a run earlier each day. I'm enjoying running so much though that I'd rather miss hockey than miss a run! It's hard enough having to take a day off each week for rest.

I've been running at 10AM most days now, as that coincides with lunch hour on the east coast (where my clients are). I've been trying to run an hour each day, which is roughly my time for 10km. I love running in the morning in the fall in Edmonton, when the air is still chilly from the overnight lows. I wish the weather could stay like this all year!

My legs seem to be getting more adapted to running. I no longer feel any pain in my shins after each run. My hips feel a little tender immediately after running, but they feel normal by the time I get out of the shower or shortly thereafter.

I ran 10km this morning in about 1hr03 I think, which was about 4 minutes slower than yesterday. I was taking the pace a bit slower as I just didn't seem to have the energy I did yesterday morning. The run brought me up to just under 150km in September. I won't be able to this month, but I'd like to see if I can get up to 200km in October.

No comments: