The personal running blog for Weeble.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pain in my shin

I haven't been running as much as I'd like to recently. I took Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday off, as the inside of my left shin was very, very sore after my run on Thursday night. It wasn't anything like the shin splints I've had before.

I ran on Tuesday and Wednesday this week though (5km on Tuesday, 3km on Wednesday), but I deliberately slowed my pace from what I had been doing the week before. So far, my legs aren't complaining. I'm going to run again tonight, and I'll be keeping it slow again. I'd like to do 5km again, but I'll slow to a walk or stop altogether if I start feeling pain like I was last week.

I'm in a Nike Plus challenge right now - most km in September among a group of about 15 people. I was invited by someone that I met on the Cool Running boards. So far I'm not doing very well due to the four days I took off, but hopefully my legs will behave and I'll be able to narrow the gap.

Overall, I'm still feeling great - I no longer huff and puff throughout my runs, and I feel like I could actually carry on a normal conversation if I was running with someone. I'm not feeling lethargic anymore. Now if only my legs hadn't betrayed me. :-)

2 comments:

FunkyRunnerGirl said...

Take it easy, man. Take it slow.

Don't show me up too bad over there. :)

Actually, I am motivated.. thinking.. someday, I'm going to be like those folks at the top of my Nike Plus Challenge Leaderboard...

You inspired me to start a blog... more of a place to help collect my thoughts... I have in mind to do a book/album on this period of transition in my life.

Thanks for sharing your "stuff"... feel free to rummage through mine.

FRG

Weeble Runs said...

Congrats on the new blog Funky! Some of those people on the challenge are really burning up the road; I don't think I'll be able to narrow the gap too much. If I can move up into the top 5 by the end of the month, that'll be a victory to me.

I definitely started too fast back in the middle to end of August. I've stopped going for new records (you'll note that my blog entries are not mentioning times anymore ;-)), and I think that my legs are enjoying the slower pace.

Good luck, and have fun in the challenge. I hope you make another one next month.