The personal running blog for Weeble.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ouch

I was a bit concerned after my run tonight. I planned on doing a 3km run followed by a 1 or 2 km cool down. However, after the 3km, I started walking and found that my shins were hurting. The pain felt different than when I had shin splints early in the week, and didn't go away nearly as quickly. However, as I write this the pain is completely gone. I'll have to read up on running injuries to make sure that this doesn't sound like anything serious, and I'll go see my doctor if it reoccurs.

On the plus side, I set three personal bests today: best 1km time (4:46), best 1 mile time (8:22), and best 3km workout (16:29). I'm actually pretty sure that these are not my all-time bests, but they're the best times I've had since I've started running again. I once did a 6:23 mile according to one of my gym teachers, but it wasn't on a real track. Looking back, I'm pretty sure that the measurement of the area we were running on was less than accurate. :-)

I'm going on a business trip tomorrow through late Tuesday night; as a result, I will likely only be able to run on Monday night. I could always switch my schedule to a morning run, but I don't think that's going to happen. My work day already starts at 7AM, and it's hard enough for me to drag myself out of bed for that. :-) The days off are probably just what I need though - I've definitely overdone it a bit over the last week, and I don't want to end up injuring myself and losing my running groove.

No comments: